Monday 30th March
Take care and look after yourselves. I miss your smiles and laughter!
Design Technology Easter Theme
This afternoon you are going to create your own Easter bunny that will require no sewing. I have attached some images above so you can see what your creation might look like.
You will need:
3-4 old socks (Dads or Mums large ones are best but any little socks will do too. See if you can find the ones which have holes in the toes or the ones that are odd)
2-3 rubber bands or elastic hair ties
Googly eyes or hand drawn paper eyes
Marker (to draw the mouth)
A bit of wool or a pompom for a tail
1. Choose which sock will be the best colour for your bunny.
2. Now roll up any two other socks in a ball and stuff it into the bunny sock.
3. Tie an elastic band securely tight. That is the neck part.
4. Next roll another sock into a smaller ball. Again, stuff into the bunny’s sock. Tie again to make the head.
5. Now the bit on top left over. Snip it down the middle 2/3rd way to the elastic. If you do all the way you will get floppy ears. Cut from edge to middle if you want pointy ears.
6. Draw eyes, mouth, eyebrows etc.
7. Decorate your bunny with ribbons, hairclips etc.
Can you name your bunny and send me a photograph? I cannot wait to see them!
Rabbit fact - Rabbits are actually "crepuscular", meaning they are most active in the twilight hours of both sunrise and sunset.